Saturday, January 23, 2010

MY FIRST FEW RESPONSES!

So I wrote my first green blog yesterday and sent e-mails to all my friends about it!  I got a few responses from people who said they already use canvas bags, but told me to keep spreading the word.  I got no responses from people who decided to make a change today (although I'm hoping some did and just didn't say so!)  And I got one response from my friend Trevor who told me that he didn’t understand my point, thinks the whole "going green" movement is lame and doesn’t believe in global warming.

First of all, I told him, global warming has almost nothing to do with plastic bags.  Second of all, why NOT make small, green changes if they are simple ones?  I mean, using canvas bags isn’t even that hard to do when you think about it.  I don't know, it was really upsetting that Trevor argued with me over something I think is so logical.  It also really drives me crazy that some people refuse to go green because they think it's "not cool."  Oh, and somebody kicked over my snowman on purpose today too.  Maybe there’s just too many people in the world who don’t care about the environment for me to actually make a difference.  I don't know...

But here's some good news!  I officially have two fans of my blog!  Welcome Pookala and Ankerman! You two have just put me back into a good, green mood!  More to come friends!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie!
    It's not always easy being green, as Kermit well knows. Next time someone kicks your snowman, tell them that he's a whole lot cooler than they will ever be.
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie! I just wanted to tell you not to listen to Trevor. I think "going green" is a GREAT idea, and from now on, I'm going to try to remember to bring canvas bags to the grocery store. Please don't think that just because some people (like Trevor) don't think it's worthwhile to "go green" that it's a waste. As my grandmother always said "don't let a few bad eggs spoil the omelet!" She always had such good advice...and she would have loved your ideas, just like I do! See you in school :)
    Love,
    Sarah Beth

    ReplyDelete

Labels

"Earth Hour" (1) acid rain (1) Amazon (1) animals (1) Arbor Day (1) Asia (1) Barack Obama (2) biodegradability (1) biodiesel (1) biodiversity (1) bioethanol (1) biofuels (3) birds (1) books (1) canvas bags (2) carbon dioxide (1) carbon emissions (1) carbon neutral (1) China (1) clean coal (2) clean energy (2) climate bill (1) climate change (5) CO2 (2) coal (1) compost (1) cooking grease (1) corn (1) Crested Ibis (1) decompose (1) decomposition (1) Deepwater Horizon (2) deforestation (2) dinosaurs (1) disposable (1) dolphins (1) Earth Day (2) Ecuador (1) environment (7) experiment (1) extinction (2) fish (2) food chain (1) fossil fuels (4) freshwater (1) gas (3) global warming (7) go green (1) Great Pacific Garbage Patch (1) greenhouse effect (1) greenhouse gases (5) Greenpeace (1) groundwater (1) habitat (1) Japan (1) landfill (5) limited resource (1) marine life (1) mining (1) mushrooms (1) mycelium (1) natural resources (1) nontoxic (1) North Pacific Gyre (1) nuclear energy (4) oceans (1) oil (6) oil spill (1) organic farm (1) overfishing (1) Pacific Trash Vortex (1) paper (1) Paul Hawken (1) plastic (3) plastic bags (2) pollute; poetry; people; family (1) pollution (4) radioactivity (1) recycle (1) recycling (8) recycling symbols (1) reduce (1) renewable resources (1) reusable (2) reuse (2) runoff (1) salt (1) sea life (1) seals (1) sodium chloride (1) South America (1) spills (1) Steven Chu (1) Styrofoam (2) sugar cane (1) sustainability (1) trees (2) Uranium (1) waste (5) water (5) water conservation (4) water pollution (1) wildlife (1) World Wildlife Fund (1)